Monday 20 January 2020

Vispo: GR3 / Stay In Your Lane!


RTomens, 2020

Here's a vispo piece, actually untitled, or perhaps titled but since forgotten. On file it's simply called 'GR3' - so there. 

'Stay in your lane' has entered the modern lexicon, hasn't it? But don't worry, I'm not about to suggest anyone does just that because I think they're unqualified to comment on something. No, it was the advice I tried to give a pair of tourists as they rolled past me today on their hired bikes. As I waited at a junction I saw them in the wrong lane, ie, the right-hand side. So I tried to catch them up and said "Excuse me!" to the woman, who was behind. She turned and mumbled something. "You need to be on the other side!" I gestured to the other side of the rode, but they were too busy cycling in exciting London town. She shouted something in Italian to her friend but it seemed to be to no avail. I was going the other way, so I went, wishing them best of luck and hoping they didn't meet any traffic head-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment