Thursday 24 March 2016

Anti-gallery age of indifference crisis...




He posted his very best work online but after years of doing so it suddenly struck him that it would all disappear - ah! - whereas the gallery artists at least had records of their exhibitions, didn't they? and perhaps even sold some work - they had taken part in the old system (he called it 'old' in the hope that it really was & he had been at the forefront, no, at least been part of the new revolution, which took the form of anti-gallery activity, the ultimate fuck-you to the old art system - the FUCK YOU of "I don't care that I'm not exhibited because I'm the new wave...I'm modern, I'm against The System, I'm non-materialistic! and besides, the only storage problem I have is on the hard drive, not work cluttering up the tiny flat .....& so on...).................................look at all the modern talent online.........don't take them for granted - 'Oh, another post by her! I can't be arsed to even give it a 'like' or 'follow' - fuck off' (or even look at what she's done.......................etc......................................
the Age of Indifference



No comments:

Post a Comment