Sunday 10 September 2017

Invispo? The partially hidden piece...


vispo, concrete poetry, digital art, collage

RTomens, 2017
Untitled...that bugs me, a little...part of me wanting to come up with a pun around the word 'blinds', another wishing to leave it be, unnamed. I used the term 'vispo' although it's actually almost invispo, as you can see, or partially see. It started with the vispo piece behind the 'blinds' but I wasn't entirely happy with it so I began a masking process with the horizontal lines which, accidentally, took on the appearance of blinds and so they became blinds as I created them, opting to leave them partially closed and raised a little. They are, of course, representative rather than a literal depiction. Still, I was a lot more pleased with the partially hidden piece rather than a fully exposed one. Sometimes the hidden is more interesting than what's in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment