Friday 12 January 2018

Constructivist vispo: Spatio-constructive x 3




Somebody emailed me last year and mentioned the apparent influence of  El Lissitzky on my work. To be honest, although I love what he did, he's rarely even in the back of my mind when I'm creating. But that's how it goes, some 'influences' being unconscious, I suppose. In the Spatio-constructive pieces above the influence is obvious and was there whilst I worked. I try not to be too imitative in any art I make but I would be kidding myself if that wasn't the case sometimes. No claims for originality shall pass my lips. You might have spotted several guiding lights shining, sometimes distantly, in what I do. The name for these three came from this book (pub 1975, written and in this copy signed by Andrei B. Nakov), a recent purchase...



}constructivist, vispo, digital art, collage, concrete poetry{

No comments:

Post a Comment