Sunday 21 January 2018

Digital Art/Collage: Art from within


From Within, RTomens, 2018
Art comes from within, so it is said, or must have been said, or thought many times. It does. Yet it also comes from 'without' - outside - naturally, since what we make consists of internal 'influences' and external life, both being different, yet joined by personalities which perceive one and project the other.

The extent to which my art reflects 'me' is...questionable, especially to me. Such a matter is for psychologists to study. Even they may struggle in my case since I'm not one to 'bare my soul' in the form of images. Taste preferences, aesthetic preferences are obvious. Deeper still, on the various sub-strata of 'meaning', reflections on both aspects of society, our relationship to culture, control and 'the word virus'. Yes. All there in some works.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment