Thursday 1 March 2018

Reds Beside My Bed /Soviet-inspired Art



Very much in a Russian mode right now, reading Stalin and the Scientists: A History of Triumph and Tragedy, 1905-1953 by Simon Ings and Happy Moscow by Andrey Platonov. Both are very good. I've worked with material from the Soviet Union era before and with what I'm reading felt inspired to do so again recently. One result is the print laid between the books. Rather than overprint too much for this series I've opted for a cleaner look but on the whole informal layouts. Appropriately, my creative ventures coincide with The Beast From The East (Siberian weather front) invading Britain. Whilst the Red scare never did materialise as an actual communist takeover, this weather has come closer to crippling the UK economy (well, transport system anyway). Ta-ta...

No comments:

Post a Comment