Monday 18 June 2018

Print: Smile / Happy artist's blogging and how to succeed...?


Bored at Work I Google 'art blogs' despite previous experience telling me I'll not find one that I like. On one of those 'Best Art Blog'-type lists I notice a recurring theme based are being 'positive' and offering advice....being smiley, upbeat and exuding gorgeous, white-toothed, wholesome optimism...FUCK OFF!

I also note that cartoonists seem to be popular...well WTF...when looking for artists cartoonists ain't what I have in mind...


...but that's how you get 'popular', right? You do popular, upbeat shit. No-one wants to follow an artist's blog that's full of misery about how no gallery accepts them or they made no money last year (boo-hoo), do they? As far as I can tell at least half the blogs begun by artists died years ago (they kept checking the stats). Popular is telling nice life stories about...I dunno...a trip to the mountains with the kids...and here are the photos...(see, I have a rich, well-rounded life as well as working in the studio at my lovely watercolour depictions of...birds! Which you can buy in my brilliantly well-organised shop)...etc...


...good luck to them. Meanwhile, this series is called Smile. The top one is the original print derived from my own fotos and a found image. Thanks for dropping by...ta-ta for now! (Next post: my happy life and how you too can be a happy person).



No comments:

Post a Comment