Thursday 14 March 2019

Art print: Constrained / Decaf Art


RTomens, 2019
   I carry on - what else can I do?

   "Where do you show your art?" Asked the guy on Saturday night.
   "Online," I replied. 
   That stumped him for a few seconds. Then he warmed to the idea. I told him showing in galleries was all well and good and I've done it but more people see the work online than ever would in a gallery. 
   "Do you sell anything?"
   I laughed.

Constrained is part of a new series I've embarked on, fuelled by decaf  coffee, to my surprise, but then on examining the label realised it wasn't decaf at all...and I'm sure it was in the decaf section of the supermarket! No wonder it tastes all right for instant coffee.

There's a lot of 'decaf' art around, naturally. It's the way of the world and the process of art-making. Decaf art has its place. Yes. I'm being polite and hospitable. Why not paint that landscape in watercolours? Eh? Why not create a sci-fi scenario digitally, featuring a scantily-dressed girl holding a big gun...or something. Each to their own.

I'm not saying my art is 'full-strength'. You can be the judge of that. I hope, at least, it doesn't keep you up all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment