Friday 20 September 2019

Torn Drawing collage (after Hans Arp)


Torn Drawing (after Hans Arp), RTomens, 2019
I rarely attempt a virtual copy of other work, whilst often being inspired by either a style,  approach and to some extent content. Today, though, I went for a version of one of Hans Arp's Torn Drawing series. The patterns are from a photo I took a few years ago. I think mine retains an original feel whilst being blatantly derivative. It's close enough, though, to prompt honesty on my behalf because I couldn't hide the truth!

Jean (Hans) Arp, Untitled, 1947. Collage with print of a torn 1939 Duo-Drawing by Arp and Taeuber-Arp from Arp’s Le Siège de l’air (The seat of air), 11 13/16 x 9 5/16 in. (30 x 23.7 cm). Arp Museum Bahnhof Rolandseck, Remagen. Copyright 2018 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York/VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn. Photo: Mick Vincenz/Arp Museum Bahnhof Rolandseck, Remagen

No comments:

Post a Comment