Friday 29 November 2019

Vispo: Appealing To Sinners / Hansjörg Mayer


RTomens, 2019

Our street rings to the sound of scaffolders again, the clank of poles being erected and buzz of electric 'screwdrivers' securing them. No house shall be left ungentrified! Meanwhile, I 'erect' something of my own, a structure of texts torn from a book. In other exciting news from The Cave, the scales broke as I was about to weigh the rice for a risotto; the bottom part just slid out of the cupboard, bounced on the work surface then fell to the floor. The needle now goes backwards. And the kettle's packed in, given up. I flick it on, it lights up, starts to heat then gives up. Oh well...

*

Hansjörg Mayer is featured on the Studio International site. It's a 36min interview (in English) to coincide with an exhibition in Berlin. For some weird reason I can't copy any links from there so just look it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment