Saturday 16 May 2020

Vispo: Deep Significance / Vispo or Concrete Poetry? / Lockdown tension

RTomens, 2020

Vispo or Concrete Poetry? I've discussed the terms before. Whilst not liking 'Vispo', as I told someone the other day, it's commonly used and so I use it because more people will search it than, say, 'Concrete Poetry'. He found my work by searching 'Vispo', for instance.

Deep Significance was created from an original typed 'block', the one in red. I inked that in and added the same text (cut up) as background text-ure. Hey! Have I created a new term there? Text-ure? Remember where you read it first.  

Whether they have any deep significance or not, we witnessed two examples of people losing it yesterday. One street row involved about five people including two women who screamed insults, loudly, at each other, whilst one was being held back. It was fierce. Later, loud voices in our street, a police van outside and much to and froing around the house opposite. Without wishing to derive too much from these incidents, it's hardly fantastical to imagine that lockdown in pushing people to the limits of endurance and patience, making them more likely to snap.

London without open cafes and bars is not London. I miss the former especially. Without necessarily talking to anyone, to be on the street amongst people, observing the world go by, jotting ideas in my notepad...I long for those days to return but shudder at the idea of 'the new normal' being anything but normal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment