Sunday 9 May 2021

Painting/Collage/Print: Initiated/ It's a bit too Fine Art

RTomens, 2021

First came the second on this page - how contrary - no matter. Acrylic background, then a pasted page from Art and Culture - critical essays by Clement Greenberg, painted and torn. Chance threw up the word 'initiated' when I folded one strip back. A few hours later I added the baby. Neither one is 'better' in my eyes so I present both. 

I don't read art criticism, much. Maybe I did years ago in the hope of learning something. Maybe I thought that knowledge would make me a better artist. Nothing makes me a better artist. 
   "It's a bit too Fine Art" I tell LJ when she suggests something, pondering what to do with a picture in progress. The girl can't help it.
Is it Art? Fine, you can debate. I don't mind. 
Naïve?
Outsider Art?
Shove it in a box - quick!
With one swipe of a finer, it's gone...

RTomens, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment