Friday 10 December 2021

Print: Given Hope / charity shop haul (books)



RTomens, 2021


Yes, we all need some hope. Never mind the word being a virus Mr Burroughs, fear is a virus. It cannot be masked!

On the good news front, someone bought one of my shop-made drawing/collages the other day. He'd already bought a booklet of mine from the shop before going off and seeing the other piece on my Instagram. So he came back and arranged to pick it up the next day. 

Book-hunting in charity shops this morning I found these. A good haul, I reckon. The Naked Man is a Simenon bio. Not to be confused with Morris' Naked Ape or Burroughs' Naked Lunch, eh? Not that you would, of course. A couple of my friends are confirmed PKDickheads who keep insisting he was a genius but I've yet to be convinced so I'm trying (again). You know The Night of the Hunter is a brilliant film but have you read the book? It's supposed to be equally impressive so I'm looking forward to reading it.



No comments:

Post a Comment