Tuesday 9 April 2024

Vispo/Collage: Collaboration with Kenan Meral / Don't look back

RTomens, 2024

Kenan asked if I would be interested in doing something with his collection of short stories, A Rash Impulse. Why not? He sent me three copies so I was able to cut one up (below). I usually work impulsively, so it was an appropriate title. Hopefully I'm not too rash in my artistic choices, but who's to say? Yes, yes, one may look back and say 'That could have been done better' but...I rarely look back...no rear view mirror; you never know what's in it...such as regrets, doubts...or that ol' devil harsh retrospective criticism! But I never beat myself up about old work. What's done is done...move on! 

When I think about the boxes of work I have I sometimes wonder if burning the lot might be a good idea. Good as in KLF's burning a million quid (I'm not that mad). I mean, so I might get some attention if I filmed it....a few 'likes'...ha-ha! I also think of giving it all way, in batches...but whether the recipients would consider it a great gift or a burden is another matter. Yes, let them deal with all the paperwork!

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the first three collaborative efforts with Kenan. I'll be doing more in the coming days/weeks, no doubt.

RTomens, 2024

RTomens, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment