Friday 30 September 2016

The Burning Book, 1, 2, 3


RTomens, 2016

........................................................................a wall in The Cave is soon to be drilled and hacked at in an attempt to rid it of damp.........................the thought of such disruption fills me with dread since it will mean me being unable to use my work space (what will I do? watch afternoon TV?)...........so..........this is as good a time as any to lessen the volume of things that will need to be moved.............amongst them books, yes, all those books, of which I do not have a vast collection but there are always 'too many' in this little cave....................some will be given to a friend, others to charity and a few were burned in the name of art, I hasten to ad, rather than a fascist purging of unacceptable literature - that said - I would happily burn certain books because they offend my political/social/cultural sensibilities................The Burning Book trilogy is one result of torching the pages............................

RTomens, 2016
........I think of the images as a form of Vispo although they may not strictly fall into that rather open-ended category........................as a woman said to me the other night: "You like working with words, I see" - and I do.............I even like burning them now and again........................

RTomens, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment