Wednesday 23 October 2019

Therapy In The UK (Drawing) / Modern Jazz Quartet


RTomens, 2019

Forget anarchy in the UK, what we all need now is therapy. That said, should you be of the Remoaner persuasion, you're probably quite pleased with how things are going, if it's possible to be pleased at the sight of a battle between opposing forces in the House of Commons viewed by a helpless population. OK, that would, under normal circumstances, be nothing new, but Br*x*t isn't a normal situation.

Factor in conflict between friends and family as feelings run high on all political fronts and we need some way to relax. Yoga? No thanks. I draw. I've drawn a lot this year, having rediscovered pleasure in it not having done so for a long time (not regularly anyway). Above is one I did today. It's ink on a page from a novel. Hey, I guess you realised that but in this day and age of digital trickery it's possible to create the same effect, I'm sure. Except that I'm not that proficient with such tools. 

Another vital tool for relaxing: music. And who better to supply it than the mighty Modern Jazz Quartet with one of my favourite pieces of music, relaxing or otherwise...




No comments:

Post a Comment