Monday 27 January 2020

Beethoven - Nam June Paik / Book: We Are In Open Circuits



On a rainy Sunday where better to go than our closest art gallery, the Zabludowicz? Well, I'm sure there were other options but we couldn't think of any. We had no idea what to expect from the current show but to our delight the first thing to greet us was Nam June Paik's Beethoven (2001). It was all downhill from there - ouch! That's a little harsh on the other artists, eh? But there it sat, defying the rest to be as imaginative, funny, profound (?), interesting, appealing - in my eyes, but you know, I'm like that. No, not automatically against all contemporary art, just...Paik takes some beating as far as my taste goes if you're putting him in with more contemporary artists. These are my photos of Beethoven




We Are in Open Circuits: Writings by Nam June Paik is very much worth getting, by the way. Posted below are a few pages from it.

Image may contain: 1 person





No comments:

Post a Comment