Thursday 18 February 2021

Drawing: Geo 508 / Ink vs pencil / Self-taught artist?

 

Russian constructivist drawing
RTomens, 2021


Hello! I've been drawing recently, I mean, the other day. Two days ago, I think. What day is it today anyway? Yes, if you've been locked in as much as we have here in England you'll know the feeling...days blur together.

In Geo 508 I used a hint of charcoal, the rest is ink pen. A friend was telling me the other day that he used pens a lot whilst at Art college in the 80s and it was frowned upon by the pencil purists. I guess it would be. Pencil can give you subtlety but pen has the strong line. I work mostly with ink pens, never having to contend with fellow students and their snobbery or teachers or leaning and all that. I'm 'self-taught', but what I've taught myself is...questionable. I know how hard I am to teach. I resisted the teachings of teachers at school and I'm damned if I'm going to start listening to myself trying to teach myself anything - so there! Ha-ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment