Thursday 29 December 2022

3 Vispo Pieces


RTomens, 2022

As is traditional this time of year, art has taken second place to festive activities such as eating, walking off what's been eaten, then eating more, then walking that off before settling down to watch some M.R. James film adaptations from the 70s. But I've found time to create some visual poetry such as these three. I decided to incorporate some rubber stamped letters, just for a change. 

RTomens, 2022

After this one, with good luck timing-wise, the typewriter ribbon got shredded, right at the very end phew! I don't know how it happened, but it did...


I had a fresh ribbon in another typewriter and wound it onto the Olympia. You can see the difference in the clarity and density of the colours. It felt like I was using a new machine. Memo to self: don't use a ribbon until it actually shreds! I confess to being slapdash regarding the maintenance of anything. Yes, I'm the type who waits for machinery to break down before acting. I'm sure my bike will just fold under me one day, such is my neglect regarding oiling it, lubricating etc.

RTomens, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment