Tuesday 19 March 2024

Typewriter Workshop at The People's Museum

 


I'm pleased to report that the workshop went well. I typed. They typed. It was great to see people take to the task with such enthusiasm. A few produced pieces so good that I could only wonder if they were after my job as The Best Typewriter Vispo Artist in NW1 - hah-hah.

Barrie Tullett gave a talk afterwards, accompanied by a slide show, that was illuminating and funny, skipping through histories of type, ribbons, machines and concrete poetry. I'm not one for talks, but this was excellent, entertaining and informative. The Museum had assembled a nice collection of typewriters too. The exhibition of Keith Armstrong's work and life is still on if you're in London. Best check with them for opening times before going.







No comments:

Post a Comment