Monday 20 November 2017

Art Gangs / Digital Collage


Out and about today, checking out the charity shops - fortunately, for my bank balance, I found nothing. It's a very rare occasion when I return with a bag carrying no more books than when I left. As you can see, I took Art Gangs : Protest and Counterculture in New York City by Alan W Moore with me today - worth a read if you want an overall picture of names involved and the dates they did things.

I quite fancy starting an art gang - trouble is I'd be so fussy about who could join that it would only have about four members (including me). I suppose, out of desperation, I'd loosen up and allow painters in - ha-ha! But what would we do? I don't know. make posters to stick around town? Give away art? (Surely not!). 
"What are you rebelling against?"
"Nothing. And everything!"

Here's a recent piece called Destiny And Predestination, one of several versions. TTFN

RTomens, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment