Wednesday 6 December 2017

Collage: Shadows


}art print, collage, digital collage, digital art, photography{

RTomens, 2017

What's so appealing about shadows? Even those of other people have an allure...unless it's a vampire hovering over your bed. The other self? So it seems to me on sunny days (I vaguely recall those, London having been under clouds for what feels like weeks) as I walk, accompanied by the dark version of myself. 

The piece called Shadows here utilises a combination of art-making techniques, in the spirit of anyone who has ever mixed media, rather than stayed true to 'pure' forms. Purity is fine, although some of my favourite artists explored print, paint, paper, photography etc. 

Talk of shadows gives me an excuse to post a track from Eric Allen & Frank Reidy's  Forest Of Evil Part 2, which along with the first album are some of the greatest library records ever made...


No comments:

Post a Comment