Friday 5 April 2019

Book Burning In The Name Of Art



Some would say it's 'criminal' to burn a book, but then, it's not hard to be labelled 'a Nazi' these days, is it? I have to laugh (that or cry) when people celebrate the mere act of reading as if it's inherently a Great Thing. Right, as if merely listening to music is also automatically Worthy. I don't want to be stuck in a lift with a Harry Potter-reading Ed Sheeran fan, ever. 

Well, the first photo here is of a book-burning session I had a couple of years ago. No, it's not that the novel (and non-fiction) incensed me so, or contravened my moral code. I did it in the name of Art! So, you know, any act is OK for that cause, right? Over the following years the resulting photographs have been used to make  nice pictures. Below are a few examples. Some are prints, others purely digital.









No comments:

Post a Comment