Saturday 22 May 2021

Art book: Ray Johnson c/o

Ray Johnson c/o art book collage and illustraion


I was expecting 'just another art book', albeit one that promised 699 colour illustrations, but when I unwrapped Ray Johnson c/o I was stunned by Irma Boom's jacket design. It folds over and out, although because the paper's fragile I haven't fully tested the extent to which it opens up. 

Another art book? Laughably, I told myself (and a few friends) that not having a job I couldn't afford to buy any more big art books and, besides, I have the best on my favourite subjects and artists...don't I? But I sold some music and books a while back so it gave me some money to spare and Ray Johnson c/o appeared on my radar. I had to have it. I could afford it!

The pics here may be a little out of focus but the light in the room was poor this morning. They give you an idea of the contents, though and anyway, all I can say is that if you're a fan of Ray Johnson this book is essential, even if, like me, you have to sell stuff to get it.








Irma Boom in her studio with a page from the book...


No comments:

Post a Comment