Thursday 3 June 2021

Vispo (not typewriter art): I Don't Mind


RTomens, 2021

 
I've sometimes used the term 'Typewriter Art' to describe my work but that more commonly describes figurative content so I'm not using it any more. In my naivety I thought I could get away with trying to broaden out the 'meaning' but recently I received an email from an irate Typewriter Artist saying I should never use the term for what I do. He was quite irate. I clicked on the link he provided and looked at his pictures of a horse, his mum and Karl Marx, all done on a typewriter! I would have liked his art more if it depicted his mum and Karl Marx sat on the same horse, but it didn't. 

I made that story up. No artists ever email me. But I am doubting the use of 'Typewriter Art'.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment