Monday 7 November 2022

Collage: Wonderful / Vispo Print: How Many More Times? / Too old to boogie


RTomens, 2022

Shifting between paper, print and type today. 

Meanwhile, outside, rainfall. Where else would it fall? The Cave is a damp, leaky place, but not so bad that it rains in here - yet.

I am multi-media. Ha-ha. Why do I find that funny? I find all art terminology applied to me funny. I just do. It only ever happens, though, when someone else wants to show my work, then the art terminology factor must come into play...to show I'm an artist...a proper one...not just a bloke who makes outsider art for no-one, usually, but himself and the few who 'like' it on social me-dia.

Still, as I said to a friend the other day when he was moaning about not being appreciated and I said I also felt like not bothering anymore: it's not been a bad year for me. My work appeared in two shows (Austria and Portugal), I won a poetry prize and got the book published, also had another book of visual poetry published by Paper View. So stop moaning.

RTomens, 2022

This is a print from typed work. Printing has been a novelty lately since the old machine broke down and I bought a new one. 

Meanwhile, a picture from Bob Dylan's The Philosophy of Modern Song, the music Book of the Year! And you don't have to be a Dylan fan to enjoy it.


It's been a long time since I rock 'n' rolled...I'm also too old to boogie anymore, probably, if given the chance...although I did impress a friend the other week by running some distance to catch a bus - ha-ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment