Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Funky Flashman, Mister Miracle, Jack Kirby / Art is the drug / The Mental Ratio altered book?

 Jack Kirby

The 'song in my blood' every morning says "Work, Robin! Work and be productive!" So I do, most mornings. Whether it's become just a habit or is an actual drive is debatable. Is it a drug? I need my fix! Like any addiction, I can get moody without having had the fix. 

Now that I'm retired I have the luxury of being able to make art every day. Once upon a time I dreamt of not having to go to work. For a few years on the dole I didn't go to work. I did some DJ-ing, but can't remember how else I used all that time. Listening to music, making some art, I suppose.

Here's something I did this morning. Having done a couple from the same book and laid them on the actual book, opened, they looked good, as if the whole hardback book was filled with them. So that prompted me to consider actually making an 'altered' book by typing on enough pages to repaste them back in as a whole work. I might do that. 


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment