Friday, 25 September 2026

Vispo: Of Course I Heard You / Sick of letters? Too much typing!!! Why I type

RTomens, 2026

Is anybody the-e-e-re?!

Online presence a little...weak?
Not exactly...popular?

Never mind! You didn't get into this for popularity, did you? You didn't set out to be famous, did you?

No, no, NO!

I'm not BIG, just GOOD. Somebody once said that. A publisher, perhaps...if I recall correctly...and correct recollection nowadays isn't easy, you know...

Not that I'm making such a claim. Arrogance isn't 'in my locker'. However, it seems that the arrogant shall rule the world. Ain't that right? Those who shout loudest get heard. You need to ooze confidence in this game! What game is that? I don't know...I'm improvising wiv words...as they come, so shall I write. And so on...

Only when I had almost finished the piece above did it strike me that he seemed to be vomiting words letters rather than shouting them. Perhaps he's sick of letters. I love letters but even I can get sick of typing them. LJ gets sick of me typing them, poor woman. About ten minutes ago she suggested that my longer-than-usual typing session would make my bad back worse. She may be right. That aside, the constant clacking of the typewriter keys gets on her nerves after a while. She can tolerate about 30 minutes, possibly 45, but after that she cracks and, as she did this morning, shuts the door to the room where I sit, hunched over The Beast, hammering the keys as if to exorcise something. 

There may be something I need to get out of my system...but I don't think it's a pent-up emotion, frustration or whatever. You know what it is? LETTERS! I'm full of them. It's a form of constipation and only a good typing session relieves me of it. They build up after a whole day of not typing once the morning session is done. They build up whilst I sleep. I get up dying to release them! 

So there you have it.

I'm done.

Thank you for dropping by and...TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment