Monday 10 February 2020

Paper Collage: Satisfy Millions / Charlie Parker


RTomens, 2020

Messing around with paper collage last week...improvising, if you don't mind. Actually, something of a chance operation, which is always fun. No prolonged consideration of the arrangement. Of course, I'd like to think of myself as the Charlie Parker of improvised collage but that's far from the truth and Bird left nothing to 'chance', did he? That said, I imagine you took a chance going to see him sometimes because he could have been having an off night being 'on' drugs that rendered him less brilliant as a player. I don't know, perhaps that never happened. It's a long time since I read a book about Bird. Anyway, when he was 'on' it in the studio he was peerless...this tune was dedicated to his dealer...



No comments:

Post a Comment