Monday 8 February 2021

Photographs: Objects in the snow / Photo eye



"I'm just nipping out to take some photos."
"Good luck," replies LJ, closing the door behind me, glad to be in the warm, probably thinking me mad, but I don't care! I'm just crazy like that. 

So I set off across the frozen plains of, er, our garden. Well, not even into the garden, just sticking to the path and alleyway because I'm not looking for shots of snow-covered plants. So here are the shots I took. The act of photographing things close up reminded me, once again, of how differently we see through the eye of a lens, how it seems to alter subjects by the simple act of framing and, with my eyesight, greater clarity than I'm capable of naturally. The brush below is one of my favourites from the group, its bristles reminding me of a creature, a porcupine, perhaps. 

TTFN








No comments:

Post a Comment